29 July 2021 | Vacancy - Turf Manager - Nelson
Head our Turf Services team, managing local Sports Turf areas in Nelson
Nelmac kūmānu has been going strong for over 25 years, serving local government, businesses, and communities in New Zealand.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Turf Services team, for a full-time person to lead and co-ordinate the delivery of efficient and effective Turf Services to our customers. The role is responsible for the maintenance, preparation, and delivery of Sports Turf for local, regional, and International sporting events, ensuring they’re fit-for-purpose and meet client and stakeholder expectations and outcomes.
Our premier sports parks include Saxton Oval which regularly hosts 1st class domestic and international fixtures; Trafalgar Park – home of the Tasman Makos; Waahi Taakaro Golf Course; and Rutherford Park Croquet Club. We also manage Sports Parks for a range of community sport including cricket, softball, football, and rugby across the region as well as the facilitation of other mowing services.
About the Role:
- You will be planning and managing the day-to-day work activities of the Turf Team as well as managing plant and equipment.
- You will be meeting regularly with our clients, stakeholder’s, and sporting organisations.
- You will also be planning programmed maintenance and renovation works, identifying and contributing to future business opportunities and improvements, and having a proactive and positive influence on our people, our customer services, and the overall performance of nelmac’s Recreation division from a Turf Services perspective.
The successful applicant will have the following mix of experience, skills and attributes:
- Extensive experience in the Turf industry, with comprehensive knowledge and proven skills in all aspects of practical and technical Turf maintenance and renovation work
- Professional Turf qualifications
- Experience in building and leading effective, motivated teams
- Experience of quoting, budget setting and project management
- Experience in planning and delivering successful projects
- A flexible attitude to getting the job done whatever it may take
- Positive mentoring skills
- An openness to embrace and get involved in continuous business improvement initiatives and new technologies
- A strong commitment to the customer and high attention to detail
- A strong team player with the courage and independence to make astute decisions when required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
You will have the use of a company vehicle for commuting to and from work, as well as a work phone.
Please note that applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment medical and drug screening, as well as background and ACC checks.
How to apply:
Please submit your application online via our careers site by clicking ‘Apply’
For a copy of the position description, or if you have any issues regarding submitting your application please email: TLNT@nelmac.co.nz
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact:
Mark Jowsey, Contracts Manager – Recreation Nelson
M: 021 589 258 | E: MJowsey@nelmac.co.nz