The Te Aroha Golf Club is set on the picturesque foothills of the Kaimai Ranges and is surrounded by farmland, overseen by Mount Te Aroha. The course has a variety of flat and slopping holes & runs both 18 and 9-hole programmes each week, along with footgolf.
The club is on the boundary of the township of Te Aroha which offers a wide range of services including cafes supermarkets schools doctors and also has a wide range of outdoor activities such as walking tracks, heritage bike/walking trails hot pool and spa facilities.
Te Aroha is within 1-2 hours of major cities of Auckland/Hamilton/Tauranga, either the West coast or East coast beaches and the Coromandel Peninsula.
Te Aroha Golf is seeking an enthusiastic, honest and motivated person who can work independently, show initiative and has a vision for the future. Our goal, is that people will enjoy playing golf on our course and want to return to play.
The club is willing to look at a number of possible options to fill the one position
- Fully qualified green keeper full time or part time
- Grounds person unqualified but willing to learn with hours negotiable
- Possible apprenticeship option
- Support organisation of all on course activities conducted involving both volunteers and contractors.
- Maintenance of the course to a high standard, inclusive of greens, tees, surrounds, bunkers, fairways, and the course environs.
- Work with the volunteers so that they continue to play their role.
- Work with the Committee to help promote player satisfaction through a good current golf course maintenance practice.
- Work within the annual course maintenance and operating budgets.
- Carry out a planned turf renovation programme that includes scarifying, coring/ verti-draining, dethatching and sanding.
- Safely apply pesticides, fungicides and fertilisers based on good current practice.
- Assist the course convenor to develop and present an Annual Turf Maintenance Plan to the Committee immediately following an AGM
Experience and Requirements
- Hold a Level 3 or 4 Sports Turf Management or equivalent.
- Hold a current Approved Handler or Standard Grow safe Certificate.
- Experience in all aspects of golf course maintenance including knowledge of chemical and fertiliser application (accreditation essential). Effective paper trails are provided of all spray and chemical use.
- Competency in a wide range of turf machinery and irrigation systems. A past record of an ability to use and maintain a wide variety of mowing and irrigation equipment
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, surrounds, fairways and rough.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course contraction and maintenance work
- Ability to prioritise tasks, display excellent time management and manage budgets effectively. Have an ability to personally manage your time to ensure the course is ready for play as and when it is required.
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Hold a current driving license.
- Perform rostered weekend work if required.
- Be conversant with and willing to follow the Health and Safety requirements stipulated in the club’s Health and Safety Policy.
What we offer
- Full-time or part time ongoing position.
- Negotiable salary depending on qualifications and experience in keeping with the role.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Supplied uniforms & PPE as per our Health and Safety Policy
- Work phone.
- Annual golf membership.
Applications close on Friday 5th November 2021
Please apply to email@example.com with a current C.V. and covering letter. For further information on this role, please contact Mike Priest 0274958999.
Greenkeeper/Groundsman – Pauanui Sports Club
Pauanui Sports Club is in the amazing Coromandel Peninsula and offers great lifestyle and work opportunities. Pauanui Sports Club consists of two nine-hole Golf Courses and Bowling greens.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- recognised NZ Turf Qualification to minimum standard of Level 3 in Turf Management
- a current NZ based spraying certificate(s)
- proven history of managing staff
- clean drivers’ licence
- at least 3 plus years’ experience on a golf course.
We have a course maintenance team of one other full-time employee, plus volunteers. The ability to prioritise and organise workloads, problem solve, the willingness to be involved in all aspects of Course and Ground maintenance, with good practical skills, top quality communication, a sense of humour, is a must for this position.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
This position is negotiable and comes with PSRC benefits including subsided accommodation if required.
If you can tick all the boxes, then we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to the General Manager Gary Smith firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications close 31st October 2021 at 12.00pm.