Rugby World Cup 2011
Project: Rugby World Cup 2011
Client: Rugby World Cup 2011 Ltd
Sports Turf Management
Construction & Development
NZSTI were commissioned by the organisers of the Rugby World Cup 2011 to develop surface performance standards for the match and training venues.
The objectives of the Rugby World Cup performance standards for the were to:
- Minimise the risk of playing surface failure from factors such as flooding or ponding
- Minimise the risk of player injury
- Optimise the quality of the surface to provide the best possible playing surface for rugby
- Demonstrate global leadership by providing world class playing surfaces
- To help guide venues in surface preparation and to ensure consistency of surface quality between venues/ matches
From a surface performance perspective, all venues performed magnificently, contributing to the overall success of the The Rugby World Cup 2011.