Mount Greens Sports Facility
Project: Mount Greens Sports Facility
Client: Tauranga City Council
Construction & Development
NZSTI were engaged by Tauranga City Council to design the playing surfaces at the new Mount Greens Sports Facility.
The project involved:
- Design of 6 international sand based croquet lawns. The later offered savings to the project and provided superior playing conditions.
- Design of 2 natural bowling greens.
- Design of a synthetic bowling green.
- NZSTI completed observational visits to ensure greens and lawns were constructed correctly.
- NZSTI then worked with members of the Mount Greens Sports Club to complete sowing and grow-in of the greens and lawns.
- As the New Zealand World Bowls agency, NZSTI completed testing of the synthetic bowling green to ensure it met World Bowls standards.